Hello everyone! How are we all?💖
Today I am reviewing the infamous Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. After seeing this product all over my social media and the outcome of what it was doing to help people’s skin, I was so intrigued to buy it and see for myself! My product is now well loved and yes I have lost the lid!😅
After struggling with controlling blackheads and whiteheads for years, I was really hoping this product would save me like it has for others, especially after years of nose strips and charcoal peel-off masks! So let’s dive right in and see what I thought…
From their website, Paula’s Choice share their product as, “the gentle, non-abrasive leave-on exfoliant gives great results for combination to oily skin. The fast absorbing formula removes dead skin cells on the surface of skin and inside the pore. It unclogs blocked pores and blackheads for clearer, smoother and more radiant skin.”
- I opted to buy the travel size of this product to test it out before committing to the larger size, which I think is a great option and that cost me around £9
- You get 30ml, which I think is a decent amount and has lasted me a good few months and I still have some product left
- I don’t mind the open top packaging, it is easy enough to use with a cotton pad, however, sometimes I just go straight in and pour some on my face which can be a little trickier, but it is manageable
- There is a safety cap on the actual bottle which is amazing, because if you are like me and lose the lid, there is no stress to travel with it, as you can just click on the safety lid
- I have been testing this product now for around 4 months, and I can honestly say I have noticed a difference in the clarity of my skin
- After the first night of using this product, I remember noticing an instant reduction in the appearance of blackheads on my nose the next morning
- After using the exfoliant for the next couple of weeks, the improvements within my skin did slow down, but I think that it is because this is a product that you have to stick to for months to reap the rewards
- Like I mentioned briefly earlier, I use a few drops either on a cotton pad, or just directly on my face and move around my nose, chin and forehead
- The formula isn’t sticky and is easy to gently wipe around my face
- Whenever I do have any breakouts, the exfoliant on top of that just produces a light-zingy sensation but it goes away in seconds
- My favourite thing about this product is that there are no burning or itching sensations and it is fragrance-free
- Originally, I was using this product every day and night, but around a month ago, I dropped down and now only use it every couple of nights and I have noticed that that is much more effective for my skin
Yes, I really enjoy using this product and it does work really well at reducing the size of my pores and blackheads. Realistically, blackheads are never going to completely be removed from T-Zone areas and I’m okay with that. Another great benefit of this product is that it has made my forehead and cheeks feel buttery smooth and I am so happy about that!
So yes, I would buy this product again, I favour the formula and it does work to reduce pore sizes and spot growth.
Have you tried this product yet? If so, what were your thoughts?
Thank you for reading this week’s blog post, I hope you enjoyed it! Join me again next Monday for another review, next week we are talking makeup!
Love, Fran x