Hello everyone, welcome back to another blog post!
This week we are talking all things preparations for summer!🌞 The countdown to June 21st is on, and FFS have kindly #gifted me their beautiful Full Rose Shave Set to try out! ☺️
FFS are known as a sustainable and responsible shaving alternative, ‘FFS’ (or ‘Friction Free Shaving’) is dedicated to improving the experience of hair removal for women; offering a handy monthly, or bi-monthly postbox friendly service for female shaving. I have been wanting to switch to a more sustainable razor for a while now, so I was really excited to try this out! I also love how FFS values that ‘beauty should be effortless’, as how many times have we all thought to ourselves that we can’t be bothered to shave tonight? I know I have, and I am here with a shaving product to help you change the game…
By no means does everyone has to shave, it is completely your choice! 🌷
*This razor was kindly gifted to me, but all opinions are entirely honest and my own!
What’s Inside of the Box:
- Premium Rose Gold Handle
- 4×6 Blade Heads
- Pre-Shave Scrub
- Shave Cream
- Post-Shave Balm
- Clamshell Protector
- Matching Shower Holder
- Travel Pouch
All for £33, I think that is such a great deal!
Firstly, it arrived in this beautiful packaging, with everything clearly labelled…
- Firstly, the packaging it arrived in was not only so cute, but clearly labelled and fun to open up
- I loved the gorgeous green colours of the packaging, so easy to take a photo with it!
- The clamshell case for the razor is so handy, I always struggled with how to travel with my razor but that won’t be an issue anymore!
- `You also get a travel pouch for the razor as well, which is so cute and handy
Premium Rose Gold Handle + Heads:
- I love how this handle is perfectly weighted, it allows you to get a good grip of the razor
- It also has a rubber grip, which is crafted to the contours of your hands – how cool is that?
- You can have this razor personalised with up to 12 letters for free – I had my name engraved onto mine (which you can see pictured above)
- You are provided with 6 titanium diamond-coated blades, which is so great and I won’t be running out for a while 😊
- Each razor blade has a vitamin E lubrication strip, which makes it so easy to glide the razor along your leg
- I use a small amount of the shaving cream and glide the razor along my leg to receive the smoothest and cleanest shave
- The blade is so sturdy and is very easy to click onto the handle and allows a precise and close shave
Some shaving tips…
- Make shaving one of your last steps before you get out of the bath or shower, as the hot water will allow your hairs to soften, making it easier to shave
- Exfoliate before shaving, I love the FFS smooth (pre-shave exfoliant)
- Use a good quality shave cream or conditioner – makes the world of difference to the softness of your legs and nourishes your skin, less likely to get a razor burn
- Never dry shave!!
- Change blades weekly
Additional FFS Products:
- smooth (pre-shave exfoliant)
This exfoliant is so lovely, it’s packed with manuka honey, almond extract and ground walnut, which are all gentle and nourishing exfoliators. I apply a pea-size amount to each leg before shaving, and it works wonders at buffing your skin without leaving them feeling itchy and stripped.
2. remove (shaving cream)
I love this, it doesn’t lather up as much as other shaving creams, but it does not affect the shave whatsoever. It is so nourishing to apply, and aids the razor to get a close shave whilst making my skin feel super soft through the ingredients of, manuka honey, shea butter and coconut oil. You don’t need a lot of product, so they will also last a long time, which is another bonus!
3. soothe (post-shave balm)
This post-shave balm is the best thing to apply after shaving. With the natural ingredients that all three of their shaving creams are packed with, it helps to keep the skin cool and refreshed. It is very easy to spread over my legs and through using this product have I understood the benefit and importance of making sure to moisturise your legs once shaved.
Overall, I have really enjoyed testing out this razor gift set, not only does the rose gold handle completely match my aesthetic (I love rose gold if you didn’t know), but it gives you a flawless shave and is sustainable! Another bonus is that FFS are cruelty-free, so a total WIN!
Thank you so much for joining me again this week for another blog post, as always I hope you enjoyed it! This blog post was something a little different to my usual makeup or skincare reviews.
Where can you shop FFS?
Directly from their website here: https://www.ffs.co.uk/