Hello everyone, welcome back to another blog post!
This week I am reviewing the infamous Nars Longwear Natural Radiant foundation. I have had my eye on this foundation for a while now, so when I finally decided to buy it, I was so excited! On a daily basis I love a minimal look and prefer to reach for lighter foundations. I wanted to try a new foundation that wasn’t as heavy as my previous foundations, and after reading and hearing numerous positive reviews, I decided it was time to test it out.
NARS describes this product as a unique lightweight foundation that provides 16-hours of fade-resistant wear with additional radiance… this is a big statement to live up to! 😅
From their website, “Introducing NARS’ first 16-hour foundation that stays turned on by the power of radiance. Untraceable. Unstoppable. Unlike anything else. Longwear is finally lightweight—and radiant. High coverage is now super natural. Its breathable, fade-resistant formula is infused with Raspberry, Apple, and Watermelon extracts to help smooth and improve the look of your skin instantly, and over time for full-powered radiance.” As you can imagine, this was tempting enough for me to pick it up, so let’s see what I thought…
- This foundation is packaged in a heavy glass bottle, which makes it feel and look expensive
- It also has a pump application, which I personally prefer as it allows you to pump an appropriate amount out
I picked up the shade named Gobi Light 3. I have fair-skin, so I gambled with selecting this shade as I purchased online and it matches my complexion perfectly! (Little hack here, I used the website ‘findation.com’ to match my previous foundation colour to this NARS one).
Here is what the shade looks like…
- The foundation applies really beautifully, it doesn’t feel cake-y and blends really well
- It is definitely more of a lighter and watery consistency than what I am used to, but it is much lighter to wear, to the point that it doesn’t feel like I am wearing foundation.
- I usually use a brush for my foundation, however, for this foundation I much prefer to bounce it in using a beauty sponge, as I feel it makes it look more natural and a better finish
- I like that has a buildable coverage, as you can either have a sheer wash of foundation, or you can apply more layers for a fuller coverage
- As it is rich in fruit extracts such as, raspberry, apple, and watermelon, it helps to improve the skin’s texture, which is something I definitely noticed and liked
- This foundation leaves your skin with a gorgeous radiant glow all day long
- I do believe that this foundation lasts for a great amount of time, but if I were to wear this for a night out or a long day, I would for sure have to prep and prime my skin to help it say for a longer period
Here is how it looks on my skin with a light layer…
- Buildable coverage
- Lovely packaging
- Easy to travel with
- It is a little pricier to what I usually pay for foundation, this is priced at £37, but I actually got it on offer so it was a little cheaper
- Because of the glass packaging, I am slightly anxious of accidentally dropping it and it smashing everywhere, as it is a larger foundation bottle to my previous – but I think I have that worry because I am very clumsy! 🤣
So overall, I LOVE this foundation, I am so glad I bought it to try. It is the perfect foundation for summer as it is light but so buildable! Honestly, if you were thinking of trying a NARS foundation, I say to go for it!!
Thank you for joining me again to read this week’s blog post, I hope you enjoyed it! I have a few more hyped/trending product reviews coming your way within the next month or so, which I am really excited about. Additionally, I have another exciting blog post in the works which isn’t my usual style, but I think you will really enjoy it!
See you next Monday,
Lots of love xx