Hello everyone, I hope you are well and are feeling refreshed for this new week!
This week I am writing a review on a new product that I picked up a few weeks ago, which I have been enjoying to use when playing around with makeup and experimenting some new techniques. As you can tell by the title, this product is BeautyBay’s Liquid Crystal Eyeshadow in the shade Precious Topaz, which retails at £6 for 4.5ml. As we enter the Christmas party season, I thought why not share a product that will enhance your eyeshadow game, and give you an effortless look!
On their website, BeautyBay describe this liquid eyeshadow to light up your face with crystal inspired pigments for long lasting results, which can be used alone or over the top of eyeshadow for a killer metallic look.
- It is packaged in a sleek clear rectangular plastic tube, which does feel a little cheap, but for the price, I guess you can’t really complain!
- It is pretty, as you can see the shimmery colour of the eyeshadow, and also travel friendly because of it’s petite size.
- I have to say, it is slightly squeaky when you twist the lid to open.
- The applicator is slightly angled, which definitely helps with applying the product, so I like that addition and think it shows the thought going into the making of this product and packaging.
- It is a wet-like, creamy formula that is heavily pigmented, and can I just say the colour is amazing! If you love rose gold, like me, you will adore this.
- It does dry fairly quick, which is great as it means it will not smudge, however, if you have hooded eyelids like myself, then try and keep your eyes open whilst you wait for it to dry, otherwise the product will transfer to your crease.
- It is not uncomfortable on the eye lids and it doesn’t have a strong smell.
- I like to apply this product using the applicator to swipe it across my lid, and then I go over it with a small eyeshadow brush, or my finger, just to smooth the colour over the lid.
- I would recommend applying two layers, so it lasts all day.
- An effortless liquid shadow, that is pigmented and gorgeous in colour.
- Affordable, and most definitely a dupe for higher end liquid eyeshadows.
- The lid is slightly squeaky when you open it, but I understand that is down to the packaging design.
- I would recommend applying two layers, to ensure it lasts all day, as one layer can fade out fairly easily if you are prone to more oily eyelids.
Thank you for joining me again for this week’s review, I hope you enjoyed it and it has inspired you to try out some liquid eyeshadows, if you haven’t already!
Comment down below what are your favourite eyeshadow products, as I always love hearing others recommendations!
Next week will be the beginning of my more festive blog posts, as although I am not partaking in Blogmas this year, I will still be posting weekly here on WordPress, and more regularly over on my Instagram, where I am going to be opening up the ASOS Beauty + Face Advent Calendar, so don’t miss out on that!
Lots of love, Francesca xx