Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.
I thought I would kickstart some festive content for the month ahead with a review on my most recent and favourite new highlighter from Maybelline! I thought this would be a great beginning to the festive blog posts, as despite the UK being in and out of lockdowns this year, and fewer parties, that shouldn’t get in the way of having golden and illuminated cheeks, this Christmas!
I picked this highlighter up around a month ago, after spotting it on the makeup table at T.K.Maxx and thought it looked so pretty and unique to any highlighter I have previously owned. I did pay less than the original price of £8.99.
- The highlighter is packaged in a 9.5ml, small clear plastic container, which is a lovely compact size and makes it easy to travel with. However, the plastic packaging does feel a little cheap.
- I was attracted to this product by the circular packaging, but also because the gold metallic highlight colour which is printed onto the product’s face and label, so I had an idea of the shade colour and was sold – anything shimmery, I will be drawn to like a magpie!
- It did have a seal as I opened it, which I struggled to open, without losing some of the product.
- It doesn’t have a strong scent.
- Blends like silk onto my skin, with a little going a long way.
- It is a jelly formula and doesn’t feel sticky, so perfect for bouncing in with a beauty blender, or applying with fingers – which is what I prefer to do.
- It is a buildable product, so you can either have that natural golden dew effect to your skin, or you can build it up to have that show stopping highlight!
- Such a pretty colour, I feel like this shade would look so beautiful on all skin colours!
- A buildable highlighter, with a little going a long way.
- A great amount of product, which will last.
- A lovely golden colour, that can be used all year round.
- You can also use this highlighter on your eyes as well, so it can be multi-functional.
- I had found this product at T.K.Max, but otherwise this highlighter retails for £8.99 which I think is a little pricey.
- The packaging is made from plastic, so does feel a little cheap.
- Also, I did struggle to remove the seal at first, without losing some of the product, which was a shame.
Thank you for joining me again and reading this week’s review, as always I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to let me know down below if you have any favourite highlighters at the moment?
See you again next week for another cosy blog post, and don’t forget to check out my Instagram to find out what’s in the ASOS Face + Body Advent Calendar, which I will opening on my stories!
Lots of love, Francesca xx