Hello my lovelies, I hope you are well and are ready for this new week, despite the recent news. I just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing okay and I am always around for a chat if you ever feel like you need someone! ❤️ Recently it feels as though time is flying past, the clocks have already gone back, which signals Christmas is coming – where has this year gone?!
As you have probably read by the title, this weeks beauty review is dedicated to my two favourite mascara’s and why they are my favourites! Due to currently wearing face masks, it is understood in the beauty world to focus your attention on your eye makeup, as that is the only focused area that can be seen when wearing your mask. Therefore, I thought I would write a review on my favourite mascara’s, that can elevate your eye makeup game, with either one of these products! Both these mascara’s have each provided me with compliments about my lashes, tricking people into thinking I have false lashes on! So, I just had to share my go-to’s with you, just so you don’t have to go hunting for your next mascara.
Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara – £7.99
- What first attracted me to this mascara, was the eye-catching, rose-pink metallic tube, so of course I had to try it!
- It is a bulky tube, compared to other mascara’s, which I don’t mind.
- The brush is curved and has two benefits, which are that the inner bristles help to reach the smaller lashes, and the outer bristles apply volume and length from root to top.
- This product promises to give volume and length from root to top, which I do agree with and really enjoy the dark and defined look you are left with.
- You only need a few strokes before you are ready.
- It is easy to use and is great for precision, as the curved wand allows you to apply the mascara by curling up your lash with it, to get that voluminous look.
- The formula isn’t too wet, so there is no need to wipe off any excess product before use.
- Affordable price of £7.99.
- Doesn’t take long to apply.
- Easy to take off of a night time, I just use a face wash and it comes off effortlessly.
- Gives you a dark, defined and voluminous look.
- The only con I can really think of is that, if you like to layer your mascara, you do have to work fast because it can dry quickly.
Benefit’s Roller Lash Mascara – £22.50
- Benefit’s packaging is always fun and pretty, but the Roller Lash Mascara was just too cute not to buy!
- The mascara tube is thinner than the Maybelline’s Lash Sensational, but I do think I prefer that, as it allows me to get a better grip and have better control when applying my mascara.
- The mascara wand is also thin, with bristles that really grab your lash and help to curl them upwards as you apply – which quite literally roller your lash up, giving you an effortlessly defined look.
- Benefit promises that this mascara, grabs, separates, lifts and curls, with a formula that holds for 12 hours. I do believe this mascara delivers this, with aid from the ‘Hook n Roll’ brush. I love the formula, which is why I keep repurchasing!
- The formula is thick and black, which gives you bold and beautiful lashes, without clumping them!
- Personally, I dislike when mascara’s make your lashes clumpy, and this product does not do that, as the wand helps you to separate your lashes.
- Great for precision, and is very quick to apply leaving you with effortlessly long lashes.
- This is a really great mascara, that I continually reach for and will definitely repurchase.
- Although the price is £22.50, which can be a little steep for a mascara, I do genuinely think it is worth it, as I am impressed with it every use.
- It lasts 6 months after opening, as displayed on packaging.
- Pretty packaging and a great formula.
- Because it is stocked on other beauty websites such as Feel Unique, there are often discounts/promotions available, which makes it cheaper!
- There are more affordable mascara’s if you are more on a budget, which is when cheaper alternatives like Maybelline’s Lash Sensational can be opted for instead.
- Does take a little longer than other mascara’s to dry, so you do have to be careful not to smudge.
Thank you so much for reading this week’s blog post, I hope you have enjoyed it. Hopefully this post has given you some mascara’s to try if you haven’t already, that provide you that voluminous false-lash look, without actually wearing them!
Please comment down below your thoughts, and what your favourite mascara is right now! Also, it would be great if you could comment down below your thoughts on my blog posts, their lengths and perhaps what you would like to see in the future?
Have a lovely week, and I shall catch up with you all soon!
Lots of love, Francesca xx